Freiburg 2019 – wissenschaftliches Programm

Sitzungen | Tage | Auswahl | Suche | Aktualisierungen | Downloads | Hilfe

FM: Fall Meeting

FM 16: Teaching Quantum Science

FM 16.8: Talk

Montag, 23. September 2019, 18:15–18:30, Aula

Quantum physics for politicians and elementary school teachers — •Hans Peter Dreyer — IfE, University of Zurich, Switzerland

The quantum computer is an attractive object for students who are already interested in STEM topics. In Switzerland, those 30% will choose physics and mathematics or biology and chemistry as their main subjects. For the other 70%, among them 70% female, physics is the least interesting of the mandatory subjects in upper secondary school. An introduction into quantum physics seems important and might be attractive especially for those who will later form our future as lawmakers and educators.

FACETTEN DER QUANTENPHYSIK is a didactically reconstructed course for 11th (What is light?) and 12th grade (Matter: Particle or wave?) with a focus on Nature of Science. Preliminary tests show that it is possible to learn in 14 - 18 lessons experimental evidence and the laws indicating the dualism of light and matter. In addition, relations between physics and technology and between theory and experiment are reflected on a historical and biographical background. Some results concerning change of physical concepts, nature of science and motivation will be presented.

100% | Mobil-Ansicht | English Version | Kontakt/Impressum/Datenschutz
DPG-Physik > DPG-Verhandlungen > 2019 > Freiburg